You might have heard that dehydrated skin and dry skin are worlds apart. Yet, many men and women are still using dry skin products to treat their dehydrated complexion! Dermalogica Naomi explains why using products designed for dry skin will make a thirsty skin type worse. Find out what dehydrated skin really looks like and how you can treat it properly.
Listen to this episode to discover the one thing you need to know when looking after dehydrated skin. This Skin Therapist advice will help you understand the relationship between water and your skin’s structure. You’ll find out why staying hydrating isn’t simply a case of drinking lots. You have to use skin products if you want your complexion to look plump and feel truly hydrated.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why dry skin and dehydrated skin need to be treated separately.
- How common it is for clients to miss analyse their skin type.
- What transepidermal water loss is and how to look out for products that defend against dehydrated skin.
- The best way to avoid free radicals and water loss.
- The function of your skin’s barrier in protecting water loss in your skin.
Transcript coming soon!
Jersey FM Beauty Podcast on iTunes
Make sure you never miss an episode of the Jersey FM Beauty Podcast and subscribe with iTunes and have the next episode automatically download to your computer, iPad or iPhone. To subscribe, just click the button below.