Sensitive skin is often hereditary, but it can develop over time (especially in dramatic hot-to-cold climate changes!) Whatever the reason for your skin’s sensitivity, you need to be sure to understand some of the key marketing myths that go hand in hand with delicate skin.
Our science-editor Chris explains why natural and essential oil fragrances aren’t necessarily better for sensitive skin, contrary to popular belief. He explains that synthetic fragrance not only smells beautiful for longer, but it also helps deliver controlled levels of fragrance to our soft and delicate skin.
To help us truly look after reactive and inflamed skin, Nicola from Guinot is back in the podcast studio with 5 products we need to know about. Nicola tells us what to look for in a true sensitive skin and how to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise the most irritable skin without fear.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- If essential oils and natural fragrances are actually better for your sensitive skin.
- Why most brands will contain a level of synthetic fragrances, even if they are marketed as ‘natural’
- How synthetic fragrances can benefit your skin (and your bank balance!)
- If fragrance really is the cause of most skin allergies
- What defines a sensitive skin
- What is the secret ingredient in Guinot’s sensitive skin products
- How to treat skin that has been sensitized by climate change
- Top tips for redness and rosacea
- 5 of the best Guinot products for sensitive skin
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening!
We hope you enjoyed this Jersey FM podcast. If you have any feedback, we’d love to hear from you! Send your comments to Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jersey FM Beauty Podcast on iTunes
Make sure you never miss an episode of the Jersey FM Beauty Podcast and subscribe with iTunes and have the next episode automatically download to your computer, iPad or iPhone. To subscribe, just click the button below.