What we cover
- We meet Chris, the technical editor of Personal Care Magazine and the science boffin behind the wonderful Oqibo products!
- We discover how the internet has effected the Beauty Industry's marketing methods.
- Chris explain to us exactly what parabens are. He discusses why ‘paraben-free’ has become a well-used advertising feature and gives us the “proper science” behind whether they are actually safe to use in creams, serums and exfoliators.
- Chris explains that there are up to 50 times more parabens in blueberries than in any beauty products!
- He goes into detail science-style, do we avoid parabens because of consumer pressure?
We find out why Beauty companies that are hiring Skinny Models could receive fines and even prison sentences under new French proposals
- ·We talk about the benefits of banning the hire of skinny models in the beauty industry, would it take pressure off women to become skinny?
- ·We discuss what it is to be ‘skinny’, should we measure skinny by BMI results?
- Matt proposes that the prime minister bans Skinny Fit Clothing after a recent shopping trip full of skin-tight jeans!
- What do you think about this French proposal to fine companies hiring skinny models? Would you approve of a British law similar to this one? Let us know
Jersey Beauty Company Podcast on iTunes
Make sure you never miss an episode of the Jersey Beauty Company Podcast and subscribe with iTunes and have the next episode automatically download to your computer, iPad or iPhone. To subscribe, just click the button below.