Spring has officially sprung, a leap year is upon us and weddings are firmly on our minds here at JBC Head Office, so whether you are one of those ladies planning to get down on bended knee on the 29th, or are already preparing for the ‘I do’ this year, it seems the perfect time to take a peek at some products that will have you feeling and looking your best come the main event (and long past the honeymoon stage!).Preparation, preparation, preparation
The extra to-do’s, a little less sleep and extra socialising all take their toll if we forget to take care of skin care basics. Those inevitable dark circles, puffy eyes, dry skin and less than manicured fingers and toes can take more than a quick fix the night before your wedding so make time to take a little extra care of yourself beforehand.
- Gentle cleansing for even the most sensitive of skin comes in the form of Guinot Mousse De Coton A beautifully gentle but effective foaming cleansing foam containing Cotton Oil and lotus extract to clean and soften skin without dryness or irritation (thanks to the soap free, ph-balanced formula).
- Facing the day with confidence means skin that is happy so regular and methodical exfoliation is key to keeping skin glowing with health and radiance. Decleor Hydra Floral Double Radiance Scrub has a double action formula which polishes and moisturises, using a unique blend of cardomom, luffa and jojoba to naturally and gently exfoliate whilst injecting that all important boost of nourishment and hydration.
- If you are battling with uneven skin tone, age spots, and fine lines, schedule Dermalogica Pure Night into your weekly routine to help gradually improve tone, texture and radiance long-term.
- Eyes in particular give away every lost hour of sleep, those extra indulgences and the added stresses. Try Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair to help reduce those fine lines, bags and dark circles slowly but surely. Alternatively, Decleor Harmonie Calm Milky Gel Cream For Eyes with it’s super lightweight texture and a special blend of botanical extracts will actively target and help reduce dark circles whilst soothing and moisturising the delicate tissues around the eyes.
- Our hands also get a lot of attention so keeping them touchably soft and camera ready takes just a little bit of time and attention in the run up. For strong, healthy nails and neat cuticles try Decleor Aroma Confort Nail Oil Aromessence massaged into fingers and toes to help strengthen, nourish and protect. It smells fabulous too thanks to essential oils of Myrrh, Lemon and Parsley. Follow up with Decleor Aroma Confort Nourishing And Soothing Hand Cream with its combination of shea butter, Vitamin E, botanical extracts and Pro vitamin B5 to help tackle those signs of ageing and dehydration. The special formula also helps reduce perspiration so is perfect to pop into your bridal bag to keep palms feeling fresh.
- If you have hands that need a little extra TLC, Guinot Longue Vie Mains is a high impact, multi-action rejuvenating hand cream which helps stimulate at a cellular level to prevent the key signs of ageing. Deeply moisturising and soothing this little tube of goodness will help prevent dark spots and wrinkles whilst the Vitamin B5 boosts nail strength.
- Finally, if your hair needs a helping hand choose Moroccan Oil Hair Treatments to treat and tame hair into good behaviour. Suitable for all hair types, Moroccan Hair Treatments are packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants helping to improve condition and manageability. Apply as needed to towel dried hair prior to styling to help boost shine, strength and to help tame those fly-aways.
If even with the best of intention you wake up on the day looking less than bright eyed, fear not, there are three quick-fix products to help target the main culprits.
- First up is the Crystal Clear Eye Pen, a dual-action light gel formulation combining highly active botanical ingredients with innovative technology to help stimulate elastin and collagen production whilst smoothing, lifting and plumping. The effects can be seen immediately so it’s the perfect treat for sleepy and heavy eyes on the day.
- An alternative is Guinot Gel Anti Fatigue Yeux which will ensure that tired eyes are soothed, calmed and tightened with this lightweight gel blended to specifically to target the key signs of fatigue.The tell-tale puffiness, dark circles, bags and fine lines will be helped away with its cooling and comforting effects.
- For skin that needs a blast of hydration and quick wake-me-up try Guinot Bien Vivre Eau De Soin. This uplifting and re-energising body spray will instantly hydrate, freshen and tone the skin whilst providing an instant boost to body and mind. Use over your moisturiser where needed to trap in all the good stuff.
Wedding Day Essentials
- Not strictly a wedding day essential but perfect for those ‘night before’ preparations is Decleor Night Beauty Gift Set which contains the perfect mix of relaxation inducing essentials including a heavenly scented candle, shower and bath gel, nourishing body cream, regenerating face cream and a relaxing pillow mist. (A thoughtful thank you gift for your maid-of-honour or mother-of-the bride or groom perhaps too!)
- To kick start your day with added zing, take a long and leisurely shower with Guinot Tropic Tonic, a super-charged shower gel packed full of invigorating fruit extracts to cleanse, tone and revitalise skin and hair. The perfect pick-me-up to have your mind and body feeling wide awake and raring to go. It’s actually a great honeymoon product too for that fresh from the beach feeling.
- To give skin a hint of sun-kissed colour try He Shi One Day Tan with its super easy, wash off formula. Apply using the He Shi Tanning Mitt for natural and subtle golden tones which will enhance your skins radiance. Add a sheer hint of colour with He Shi Fusion Multi Bronzer which can be used to highlight, bronze or accentuate the face, shoulders and decolletage for a natural radiant lift.
- Summer weddings or air conditioned spaces can often dry the skin reducing the dewy, fresh faced appearance to a dry and flat complexion. Boost hydration through the day whilst with Dermalogica Ultracalming Mist, a light botanical complex which will actively help protect and support the skins structure whilst actively calming and soothing.
- Whether you plan to cosy up in a hotel for the weekend, hit the slopes, trek for miles or laze on the beach Dermalogica Exfoliating Body Scrub & Dermalogica Ultrarich Body Cream are must-haves for the holdall. Packed with skin loving ingredients to smooth, exfoliate and deeply nourish, this pair of will keep skin healthy, radiant and protected whatever the environment.
- Don’t forget to pack the multi purpose Dermalogica Stress Relief Treatment Oil to soothe and nourish all over. Put a few drops in the bath for a luxurious soak, blend with your moisturiser for an added boost or apply directly to the skin for a soothing and calming massage.
The Perfect Gift
Whatever the size of your wedding, be it an intimate gathering or a big event involving a lifetime of friends, there will always be one or two of those closest to you who will appreciate a little package of ‘thank you’ to help scrub, rub or wash away those hectic days of planning and preparation.
- Dermalogica Skin Kit Body Therapy is not only the perfect introduction to Dermalogica products but will be a much appreciated and practical thank you gift for those lending a hand. It contains Dermalogica Body Wash, Body Scrub, Hydrating Cream and Climate Control Lip Treatment in a perfect weekender sized package. Great for the groomsmen and women alike.
- A perfect gift to give, receive or share is the Karin Herzog Trial And Travel Kit and contains everything you need for a pampering night in or for those weekends away. Packed with 7 individual mini products to have face and feet feeling fabulous (a great idea for night before the wedding treats too).
Looking for more wedding tips? Why not check out ‘Helping your day go without a hitch’.